Monday 25 November 2013

Forty

At forty years of age I'd become an old man and in celebration I decided that I would not hold back on saying what I think. So I proceeded to express my utter disappointment in Australia's refugee policy, I blogged that I didn't think God doesn't answer prayers for car paring spaces, I was more vocal about my support for gay marriage. All pretty small stuff really.

So after complaints from a friend that I don't understand refugee policy, being told to go look for another church to attend (by the head pastor), having extended family members complain that I am always so negative and a closer family member wondering if I didn't get a job because of what I said in my blog, I'm wondering if I should just shut up and be quite again. I've removed all feeds from my (private) Facebook profile because that's just easier than unfriending people and I've closed my blog and I generally keep to myself about my opinions. It feels cold and isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment