Monday 18 November 2013

Hello

I am in my forties and while many of my peers have succesful careers and achieved many things I have done none of that. In short my life is a failure. I've worked full time for about six years of my life, I didn't finish a degree in something useful despite getting really close, but later finished an Arts degree in one of those Arts fields which is pretty close to useless. Right now I'm a stay at home dad not because my wife is a driven highly successful business woman but because I just can't earn enough money to pay the mortgage in our cheap arse suburb. I could easily tell people that I had a ten year debilitating battle with a heroin addiction and it would be totally believable, it would explain lots of things. But the truth is much worse. I've never had a drug addiction or cheated on my wife (The one who left or the one who's too loyal to leave). My life has just failed to get off the ground.

So, I'm starting a blog. I'm going to try and work my shit out. I'm going to leave something behind even if it is just a small collection of incoherent posts in the corner of the Internet that no one reads. I've blogged before but I told people about my blog and then I'd get advised not to say certain things. But I find writing therapeutic. So here I am an honest anonymous failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment